Friday, June 5, 2009

Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda part 5

1977-1990 Caprice and Impala





This body style of the popular Caprices and Impalas, affectionatly called "Boxes", were made from about 1977-1990. The Impala only until 1985. It just so happened that my baby brother and I happened to get two variations of these popular cars at the same time. Now let me explain a bit, when my brothers and I would look for a car a lot of time we would consider 1st what kind of upgrades or customizing steps you could do to said car. You didn't think fuel economy was the most important thing did you? It just so happens that when I was buying a nice 1989 Caprice, my brother was buying a 1984 Impala. Now I can admit that this wasn't my all time favorite vehicle, and if you had to compare the two at their best my brother kind of got me. Ultimatly my car fell victim to a transmission and brake issue I was unwilling to pay to fix, and my brother's was just too nice for its own good and got stolen. However, it did teach me one thing, a couple pairs of nice 6x9's across the back dash with a very good amp is all the sound I really need.

No comments:

Post a Comment